Skip to main content
  • Updated

Believe it or not it used to snow a lot in Nashville when I was growing up. The snow that fell on Thursday, Jan. 6, was something we got every…

This New Year’s resolution is so easy it is almost too hard to believe. It costs nothing, you don’t have to go anywhere and it will make you f…

I have written before that after my mother passed away in the summer of 2011, I wanted to cancel our Christmas celebrations. After all, the on…

It has driven my son crazy ever since he was old enough to understand things in life.

Just about every day in Main Street Nashville there is an article about another company who is picking up and moving to Middle Tennessee.

From the moment my daughter came into this world, my mother would always talk about that day I would walk her down the aisle. My mom adored he…

It is hard to believe that the high school football regular season has come to a close. The playoffs are next and that means half of the teams…

• Updated

A few weeks ago, my son’s football team was playing a game in Chattanooga, about a two-hour drive from the house. After the game, I kissed his…

• Updated

Recently, a dear friend of mine lost his father. I told him how sorry I was and he said, “Thank you. It will be tough and I will miss him. He …

Latest e-Edition

• Updated

The Rev. Billy Graham speaks during the Mission Metroplex at Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas, in a Thursday, Oct. 17, 2002 file photo. 

• Updated

It is the timeless Bible verse that we have heard our whole lives: “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not t…

• Updated

The moment is etched in my mind forever. I wish it never took up space in my head but it does. And it will always be there.

• Updated

Years ago, I lived in Hawaii growing up and at night, it could get quite humid as you were trying to go to sleep. We were not far from the nor…

• Updated

There is that old saying that we hear all the time and it is, “If you want something bad enough, you will find a way.”

• Updated

They can hit you anytime, anyplace and for a myriad of reasons. A song, a smell, a person, etc., it really doesn’t matter.

• Updated

Through the years, I have been very fortunate to have some wonderful interns come through that wanted to make working in television their care…

• Updated

Twenty-six jobs in 11 years. Yes, I had 26 jobs in 11 years, and that is from the time I graduated from high school until I was hired as a par…